Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays by Jewish, Christian, and Muslim scholars underscores the significance of sustained and serious ethical, inter-religious, and interdisciplinary reflection on children. Essays in the first half of the volume discuss fundamental beliefs and practices within the religious traditions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam regarding children, adult obligations to them, and a child's own obligations to others. The second half of the volume focuses on selected contemporary challenges regarding children and faithful responses to them. Marcia J. Bunge brings together scholars from various disciplines and diverse strands within these three religious traditions, representing several views on essential questions about the nature and status of children and adult-child relationships and responsibilities. The volume t only contributes to intellectual inquiry regarding children in the specific areas of ethics, religious studies, children's rights, and childhood studies, but also provides resources for child advocates, religious leaders, educators, and those engaged in inter-religious dialogue.
- Author BiographyMarcia J. Bunge is Professor of Humanities and Theology at Christ College, the Honors College of Valparaiso University (Indiana); Director of the Child in Religion and Ethics Project; and the University's W. C. Dickmeyer Professor. She is the translator and editor of selected texts by J. G. Herder entitled Against Pure Reason: Writings on History, Language, and Religion (1993). She has also edited and contributed to The Child in Christian Thought (2001); The Child in the Bible (2008, co-edited with Terence Fretheim and Beverly Roberts Gaventa); and Children and Childhood in World Religions: Primary Sources and Texts (2009, co-edited with Don S. Browning).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMarcia J. Bunge
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.