All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust a few decades ago, children born with significant congenital amalies or genetic and metabolic diseases perished at an early age, and very few survived into their teens and even less into adulthood. Congenital heart disease, major errors in metabolism, cancer, cystic fibrosis and many other major diseases were fatal. Because of this, many physicians in adult primary care did t have the opportunity to see patients with these problems and thus were unable to learn how to care for them. With major advancements in medical kwledge, techlogy, imaging techniques, surgical skills and pharmaceutical products (as well as prosthetic devices), many of these patients w live much longer lives and sometimes even survive to the average life expectancy. With that, a new medical care challenge has been created and we have to take a life span approach.
- Author BiographyJoav Merrick, MD, MMedSci, DMSc, born and educated in Denmark is professor of pediatrics, child health and human development, Division of Pediatrics, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Mt Scopus Campus, Jerusalem, Israel and Kentucky Childrens Hospital, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky United States and professor of public health at the Center for Healthy Development, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, United States, the medical director of the Health Services, Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services, Jerusalem, the founder and director of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development in Israel.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight646 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byProfessor Joav Merrick
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.