All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren, Play, and Development offers a comprehensive look at children's play from birth to adolescence. Stressing the developmental and psychological importance of play, the text discusses the relationship of play to the physical, social, intellectual, and emotional growth of the child.
- Author BiographyFergus P. Hughes is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay From 1972 until 2004 he was a professor of Human Development and Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, where he taught courses on child development, adolescent development, life span human development, and children's play. In 2004 he assumed the role of Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences, which he held until his retirement in 2007. He is currently engaged in scholarly writing and teaching courses in the University's Adult Degree Program. He is the author or co-author of eight books and numerous book chapters and scholarly articles dealing primarily with childhood cognition and children's play. The first edition of his book Children, Play, and Development appeared in 1991, and has since been translated into Chinese, Korean, and Spanish. In addition, he serves as a professional consultant and regular contributor to The Child Parenting Journal, a national Australian parenting magazine.
- Author(s)Fergus P. Hughes
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/06/2009
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.