All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive overview of clinical, research and personal perspectives on Asperger Syndrome, including contributions from parents and experts in the fields of psychology, social work, psychiatry, genetics, sexology and vocational counselling. It includes first-hand accounts from adults with AS, highlighting their difficulties in areas such as social competence and education. Specialist perspectives on AS, including sexuality and relationships, finding and keeping employment and anxiety and depression are sensitively addressed. The viewpoints of parents explore experiences of parenting AS individuals. These varied approaches to living with AS complement the emerging literature on theory, research and practice in this area. The broad scope of Children, Youth and Adults with Asperger Syndrome guarantees a wide readership among practitioners, students, parents, young people and adults with AS, educates service providers how to assist people with AS and suggests a model of interdisciplinary collaboration for administrators and funders.
- Author BiographyFor 25 years, Kevin P. Stoddart has worked with children, young people, adults and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs), mental health issues and developmental disabilities. For the last 15 years, people with mild ASDs and Asperger Syndrome have been his clinical focus. He has worked primarily in community treatment settings where he has provided individual and family psychotherapy and now has a private psychotherapy and consultation practice in Toronto. He has carried out research and published on ASDs and other developmental disabilities, and presented papers in Canada and the USA. Stoddart's research and publications in ASDs center on understanding the clinical needs of individuals with ASDs and their families. He received his doctorate in Social Work from the University of Toronto and is Director of Clinical and Professional Services of the Aspergers Society of Ontario.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication08/11/2004
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byKevin Stoddart
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.