Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection places children's issues at the centre of understandings of human development. Using Amartya Sen's 'Capability Approach', the contributors to this book draw on new tools and theoretical perspectives to understand the role of children in human development. Looking at a wide range of themes including child poverty, microfinance, disability, education, the built environment, the role of emotions and promoting children's active participation, this study furthers the capability approach as a key theoretical perpsective in understanding children and development.
- Author BiographyMARIO BIGGERI is Associate Professor in Development Economics at the University of Florence, Italy, and Director of the Masters in Advanced Development Economics. He is a Fellow of the Human Development Capability Association (HDCA) and co-ordinator of the thematic group on 'children's capabilities'. JEROME BALLET is Researcher at the the Insitut de recherche pour le developpment, France. He was previously Senior Lecturer in Economics at the University of Versailles, France, and is also Editor of the Ethics and Economics Review. FLAVIO COMIM is currently working for the United Nations Development Programme in Brazil co-ordinating its next National Human Development Report. He lectures on Human Development at the University of Cambridge, UK, and has published widely on the capability approach and the history of economic thought.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Childhood and Youth
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note45 black & white tables, 8 figures, 8 black & white halftones
- Weight574 g
- Width144 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byFlavio Comim,Jerome Ballet,Mario Biggeri
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.