All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- Description11 year old Billie lives in a 'temporary home for children', one afteron, to her surprise, she discovers that it is the middle of a war zone. When a small group of paratroopers kill everyone who lives there and then turn on each other, Billie is forced to learn to live with the violent, incent and troubled Rafael, who decides to abandon the soldier's life and become a farmer. This haunting tale juxtaposes pastoral imagery with the terrors of war, creating a modern fable that exposes the absurdity of war.
- Author BiographyKristin Omarsdottir has published books of poetry, short stories, and novels. She received Griiman, the Icelandic playwright award, in 2005 for her play Tell Me Everything. Lytton Smith is a poet and translator, and a founding member of Blind Tiger Poetry. His book, The All-Purpose Magical Tent was published by Nightboat. His poems and reviews have appeared in such publications as The Atlantic, The Believer, and Boston Review.
- Author(s)Kristin Omarsdottir
- PublisherOpen Letter
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Letter
- Weight284 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.