Children of Immortal Bliss: A New Perspective on Our True Identity Based on the Ancient Vedanta Philosophy of India by Paul Hourihan (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.75+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionMore than ever before, we in the West are discovering the value and practicality of the teachings of the East. In this book Paul Hourihan, who was a long-time American student of Vedanta, presents the venerable Indian teachings of Vedanta with illustrations and examples that make sense of them to Westerners in particular. In his own inimitable way, he shows how the profound, yet practical, teachings of Vedanta, one of the main schools of thought in Hinduism, give meaning and understanding to our lives. This study includes an overview of the mysticism of India, and provides a summary of the Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga system of thought. Using the teachings of the Upanishads, Dr Hourihan covers the main principles of this perennial philosophy and the core concepts that flow from them. The last section demonstrates the universality of these teachings through confirmations from the masters of other spiritual traditions -- Lao Tzu, Meister Eckhart, Plotinus, and the Sufis of Islam. Over a period of 15 years Dr Hourihan gave many courses and talks on the world's mystical traditions, including the Vedanta philosophy. This book is derived from transcripts of these lectures. With a strong experiential background and lifelong interest in the field of mysticism, along with a Ph.D. in Literature, Hourihan, an American, was well qualified to introduce these ancient teachings to Western readers looking for guidance and personal transformation. As Robert Ellwood, Distinguished Emeritus Professor of Religion, University of Southern California, states Children of Immortal Bliss is a splendid introduction to Vedanta for the average person, presenting this Indian tradition simply, and with the use of ideas and illustrations that will make sense of it to a wide audience . The practical application of this philosophy is the means for those of all faiths to realise their identity as Children of Immortal Bliss.
- Author BiographyPaul Hourihan was born and educated in Boston where he earned his undergraduate degree from Harvard and a doctorate in American literature from Boston University. For 15 years he taught dozens of courses and gave many lectures in Ontario, Canada on the subject of great mystics and mysticism. As someone who was committed to the spiritual path for 45 years and a serious student of the world's mystical traditions, Hourihan brings us unique revelations about the AA founder and the problem of addiction.
- Author(s)Paul Hourihan
- PublisherVedantic Shores Press
- Date of Publication18/02/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationRedding, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVedantic Shores Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight256 g
- Width190 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.