All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 30th anniversary Arthur C. Clarke Award for Best Novel Adrian Tchaikovksy's critically acclaimed, stand-alone vel Children of Time, is the epic story of humanity's battle for survival on a terraformed planet. Who will inherit this new Earth? The last remnants of the human race left a dying Earth, desperate to find a new home among the stars. Following in the footsteps of their ancestors, they discover the greatest treasure of the past age - a world terraformed and prepared for human life. But all is t right in this new Eden. In the long years since the planet was abandoned, the work of its architects has borne disastrous fruit. The planet is t waiting for them, pristine and uccupied. New masters have turned it from a refuge into mankind's worst nightmare. Now two civilizations are on a collision course, both testing the boundaries of what they will do to survive. As the fate of humanity hangs in the balance, who are the true heirs of this new Earth?
- Author BiographyAdrian Tchaikovsky was born in Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire before heading off to Reading to study psychology and zoology. For reasons unclear even to himself he subsequently ended up in law and has worked as a legal executive in both Reading and Leeds, where he now lives. Married, he is a keen live role-player and occasional amateur actor, has trained in stage-fighting, and keeps no exotic or dangerous pets of any kind, possibly excepting his son. He is the author of the critically acclaimed Shadows of the Apt series, Echoes of the Fall series, and several stand-alones, including his novel Children of Time, the winner of the 30th Anniversary Arthur C. Clarke Award for Best Science Fiction Novel.
- PrizesWinner of Arthur C. Clarke Award 2016.
- Author(s)Adrian Tchaikovsky
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight926 g
- Width164 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.