All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAs your self-absorbed parent grows older and becomes more dependent on you, hurtful relationships may resurface and become further strained. In the tradition of Children of the Self-Absorbed, author Nina Brown offers the first book for adult children of aging narcissistic or self-absorbed parents. You will learn practical, powerful strategies for navigating the intense negative feelings that your parents can incite, as well as tips to protect your children from the criticism, blame, or hostility that may exist between you and their grandparent.In this book, you will gain greater awareness of how and why your parent's self-absorbed behaviors and attitudes get worse, and develop strategies to manage the negative feelings that can arise as a result. You'll also learn to reduce the the shame and guilt that may be felt when you feel like you don't want to be a caretaker. Finally, you'll learn to set limits with your parent so you can stay sane during this difficult time.Having an aging parent can be stressful eugh, but dealing with an aging narcissistic or self-absorbed parent is especially challenging. This essential guide will help you through. Audio downloads are included.
- Author BiographyNina W. Brown, EdD, LPC, is a professor and eminent scholar of counseling at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA. She received her doctorate from The College of William and Mary, is a past president of the Society of Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy, and a current commissioner for the American Psychological Association's Commission on Accreditation. Brown is the author of 27 books on group therapy and narcissism.
- Author(s)Nina W. Brown
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight310 g
- Width229 mm
- Height154 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.