All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrizzly Bears and Grasshoppers Did you kw that grizzly bears roamed the San Francisco Bay Area during the California Mission period more than 200 years ago? Did you kw that the Indians who lived during that time boiled grasshoppers, salted them, and ate them like popcorn? Join an Indian boy living at the mission; a young girl settler; and an Indian boy living in an Indian village, as their lives take an unexpected turn when they form an unlikely alliance to help find a runaway Indian youth from the mission. Immerse yourself in the intriguing world of the children who lived during the California Mission period. About the author: Dr. Nancy Fischer lives in Los Gatos, California, with her husband and Main Coone kitty. She has a passion for historical fiction and believes that the genre brings history alive, transporting the reader into a bygone era. Dr. Fischer has been a teacher in elementary school and community college; a library/media and computer teacher in grades K-12; a high school administrator; and an Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources. She received her doctoral degree in Educational Administration from the University of La Verne.
- Author(s)Dr Nancy Zehring Fischer
- PublisherRobertson Publishing
- Date of Publication08/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobertson Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.