All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncreasingly, children with significant medical issues are being incorporated into the general school environment. Given the potential effects of various disorders and conditions on educational progsis, it is important for neuropsychologists, pediatric psychologists, school psychologists, teachers, and other professionals who are working with these children to be aware of the nature and course of these many disorders as well as the avenues for rehabilitation, accommodation, and classroom modification.In Children with Complex Medical Issues in Schools , Dr. Castillo bridges the gap between research and practice and provides a concise, yet thorough reference that covers a broad range of conditions, from high incidence disorders like epilepsy and meningitis, to those with less obvious neurological underpinnings like asthma and diabetes. Each chapter is written by clinicians with practical expertise with each disorder and includes: case studies with results from neuropsychological evaluations to elicit understanding into how a student's school functioning may be affected by their medical history; recommendations for educational modifications and accommodations; data regarding morbidity and mortality rates, related medical issues, and common medical treatments; and, interventions for children with specific medical disorders, along with educational resources that may be accessed via the internet or through other literature.
- Author BiographyChristine L. Castillo, PhD, LSSP, is a licensed psychologist in the Neuropsychology Service, within the Department of Psychiatry, at Children's Medical Center Dallas, and is an Assistant Professor within the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. She holds the National Certification in School Psychology and is a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width161 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byChristine L. Castillo
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.