All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is dedicated to all those who love children and their wonderful, often surprising, drawings. This means it addresses all those interested in their devel- oping capacity to produce iconic signs: parents, teachers, child psychologists, artists, architects (since building drawings are treated here), and semioticians at large-to name but a few potential readers. Because of the broad audience, I tried to keep scientific jargon to a minimum. Whenever this was unavoidable, I tried to explain the terms in such a way that even beginners in psychology could understand my arguments. I received the first impulse to think about a book like this from the Interna- tional Year of the Child declared by the UN in 1979. In a first phase of the project, I obtained drawings of the six different building types treated in this book from more than 100 children aged 3-12 years in Turkey during a stay there as part of the faculty of Architecture of the Karadeniz Technical University in Trabzon under the auspices of the UN- ESCO/UNDP program TUR/75/012. My special thanks go to Dr. Erdem Aksoy, then president of the university, and Dr. Ozgontil Aksoy, then dean of the faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering, for their encouragement to carry out the project. I would also like to thank Dr. Kutzal Oztlirk, Sevinc Erttirk, Ali Ozbilen, Hasan Saltik, together with all the teachers in nursery and elementary schools in and around Trabzon who helped to collect the drawings.
- Author(s)Martin Krampen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- Series TitleTopics in Contemporary Semiotics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight374 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.