Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionPRACTICE BOOK 2A Children's ESL Curriculum, Castles and Things, Black and White Second Edition has 31 pages for 14 children's ESL lessons with an interest level for students under 9 years of age. It provides ESL independent work for the students and reinforces the material taught in the Student Book. Once the pages have been introduced the teacher has time to move about the room to help individuals or deal with other classroom needs. Students read, print and draw their ideas of what they do as they travel with the storybook characters. TYPES OF EXERCISES AND ACTIVITIES PROVIDED: The children: - read the caption and draw their ideas of how the picture would look. - print a line or lines of the verse that has been taught in the Student Book. -answer questions choosing answers from several in a box. - read the caption and draw the missing figures that are requested. - become a part of the story by drawing themselves into the picture as requested. - work together or independently to include a friend in the story. - read and choose one of several scenarios and draw their choice. - print positive or negative answers to questions. - decide what they think a story character will do. - print a short sentence answer.
- Author BiographyDaisy Stocker B.Ed., M.Ed. taught in the British and Canadian school systems in different capacities over many years. George Stocker D.D.S. practiced Dentistry and taught in hospitals, colleges and universities. In 1990 they left their Canadian careers and traveled to Czechoslovakia to teach and assist in establishing the first private language school in the country. During the following years the Stockers began the development of the Children's ESL Curriculum Series. Initially a variety of games and activities were tried with the children and their interest in science fiction became apparent. As a result of their input our Children's ESL Curriculum offers science fiction content from Book 2B through seven books to Book 5B. In order to gain an understanding of the needs and interests of Asian Children the Stockers taught for a time at an ESL school in Hong Kong. This series is presently in use in many schools around the world. The Stockers have also taught and given workshops in Mexico, Brazil, Ukraine, Hungary, Hong Kong, and Northern India. They make their home in Victoria, Canada.
- Author(s)Dr George a Stocker D D S,MS Daisy a Stocker M Ed
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.