All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionSTUDENT BOOK 1B: ESL Children's Curriculum, Second Edition in Black and White, From M to Z, is for ESL students under 7 years. This second set of ESL textbooks comprises three books, Student Book, Practice Book and Teacher's Guide and introduces the alphabet from M to Z. It has 45 pages and 14 ESL lessons. Throughout the world children begin to learn English at a wide range of ages. Some start at age 3 while others are much older, some need to learn the English alphabet and others are familiar with it. This textbook was designed for young children who are new to the alphabet. It provides reading readiness activities, and listening activities that include sound symbol associations as each new letter is introduced. To provide for easy presentation, the teacher's instructions are written in small boxes on each page. Students write, draw and color in the book. If an alphabet book for older children is required you can download one at: http: //www.esl-curriculum.ca/teen-adult-curriculum.php It is available in color only. TYPES OF EXERCISES AND ACTIVITIES: - Each lesson has three or more pages of children's ESL exercises or activities. - Objectives for the lessons are listed in a box at the top of each new lesson. - Letters are presented in a large format suitable for young learners. - Children use a crayon to form the large letters. - Instructions for forming the letter - top to bottom - left to right - are provided. - New letters are introduced with a short sentence and a picture depicting that sentence. - The key word(s) for the letter are prounced with the teacher emphasizing the first sound. - The sound of the letter is prounced as heard in the key word. - Many large traceable letters are provided for fine muscle control practice. - The teacher prounces the names of pictures in a row, asking the children to circle the ones that start with the same sound, that start with a specific letter or that start the same as ather word. - The children are asked to circle all of a designated letter contained in a picture. - Mazes promote visual perception and fine muscle control. - Numbers are introduced to 11 to 20. - Specific oral directions are given for coloring. - Oral directions ask the children to find specific animals, birds or objects on a page. - The children draw lines to match the alphabet letters to pictures with that initial sound. - Through lesson 13 to 18 the children repeat a poem that tells a story and are introduced to rhyming words. - A new set of verses for the children to repeat and identify the rhyming words is introduced in Lessons 19 through to 22. - A set of verses about Make Believe play ideas goes from Lesson 23 to 26. - A Glossary of the basic vocabulary introduced is useful for teachers planning their own activities.
- Author BiographyDaisy Stocker B.Ed., M.Ed. taught in the British and Canadian school systems in different capacities over many years. George Stocker D.D.S. practiced Dentistry and taught in hospitals, colleges and universities. In 1990 they left their Canadian careers and traveled to Czechoslovakia to teach and assist in establishing the first private language school in the country. During the following years the Stockers began the development of the Children's ESL Curriculum Series. Initially a variety of games and activities were tried with the children and their interest in science fiction became apparent. As a result of their input our Children's ESL Curriculum offers science fiction content from Book 2B through seven books to Book 5B. In order to gain an understanding of the needs and interests of Asian Children the Stockers taught for a time at an ESL school in Hong Kong. This series is presently in use in many schools around the world. The Stockers have also taught and given workshops in Mexico, Brazil, Ukraine, Hungary, Hong Kong, and Northern India. They make their home in Victoria, Canada.
- Author(s)Dr George a Stocker D D S,MS Daisy a Stocker M Ed
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.