All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSTUDENT BOOK 3A: Children's ESL Curriculum, Visitors from Saturn, Black and White Second Edition has 14 children's ESL lessons and 46 pages. It has an interest level for ESL students under 11 years of age. This children's ESL program stresses oral communication. It includes listening, speaking, printing, reading and following oral directions. It reviews the contents of book 2A and 2B. Book 3A introduces consonant blends, identifying pictures with similar sounds, puzzles and mazes. The students participate in many role-plays as the story of the friendly aliens from Saturn unfolds. To provide for easy presentation, the teacher's instructions are written in small boxes on each page. Students write, draw and color in the book. TYPES OF EXERCISES AND ACTIVITIES: - Reading and participating in role-plays - introduction of the calendar - Listening, reading and repeating short verses - Matching words with the same initial sounds - Review of consonant and short vowel sounds - identifying and printing the consonant blends in words - Crossword puzzles - Reading short paragraphs - Responding to a computer message - Participating in a discussion - Sending an invitation - Word find activities - Introducing Saturn, Earth and the sun - Addresses - Alien role-plays - Buying presents on Saturn - Body parts of a robot dog - Maze - Body parts of an alien
- Author BiographyDaisy Stocker B.Ed., M.Ed. taught in the British and Canadian school systems in different capacities over many years. George Stocker D.D.S. practiced Dentistry and taught in hospitals, colleges and universities. In 1990 they left their Canadian careers and traveled to Czechoslovakia to teach and assist in establishing the first private language school in the country. During the following years the Stockers began the development of the Children's ESL Curriculum Series. Initially a variety of games and activities were tried with the children and their interest in science fiction became apparent. As a result of their input our Children's ESL Curriculum offers science fiction content from Book 2B through seven books to Book 5B. In order to gain an understanding of the needs and interests of Asian Children the Stockers taught for a time at an ESL school in Hong Kong. This series is presently in use in many schools around the world. The Stockers have also taught and given workshops in Mexico, Brazil, Ukraine, Hungary, Hong Kong, and Northern India. They make their home in Victoria, Canada.
- Author(s)Dr George a Stocker D D S,MS Daisy a Stocker M Ed
- Date of Publication18/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.