All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho lives in children's homes and why? Who works there? How are the homes run? How effective are they? In this book, based on a three-year national research study, David Berridge and Isabelle Brodie examine the changes in structure and use of residential child care services over the last ten years. Beginning with a critique of the series of crises to have hit children's homes over the past decade (such as Pindown), the authors analyse the changing patterns of service use, developments in policy and the law, and general social factors affecting families. They consider findings from key research studies, interviews with managers in local authorities, staff and residents of homes, staying in each home for almost a week. The detailed account this provides forms the basis of their comprehensive analysis of the quality of care available and their recommendations for policy, practice, and the future management of children's homes.
- Author BiographyDavid Berridge is Professor of Child and Family Welfare at the University of Luton. He was Research Director of the National Children's Bureau from 1986 to 1993, and has written widely in this area. Isabelle Brodie is a Research Assistant at the Department of Applied Social Studies at the University of Luton. The authors contributed a chapter to Child Welfare Services: Developments in Law, Policy, Practice and Research (1996) published by Jessica Kingsley.
- Author(s)David Berridge,Isabelle Brodie
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/1997
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight281 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.