All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany reading programs today overlook an essential component of literacy instruction-helping children develop an enduring love of reading. This authoritative and accessible guide provides a wealth of ideas for incorporating high-quality children's books of all kinds into K-6 classrooms. Numerous practical strategies are presented for engaging students with picturebooks, fiction, nfiction, and ntraditional texts. Lively descriptions of recommended books and activities are interspersed with invaluable tips for fitting authentic reading experiences into the busy school day. Every chapter concludes with reflection questions and suggestions for further reading. The volume also features reproducible worksheets and forms.
- Author BiographyDiane M. Barone, EdD, is Foundation Professor of Literacy at the University of Nevada, Reno. Her research focuses predominantly on young children's literacy development and instruction in high-poverty schools. The author of numerous articles and books, Dr. Barone is a recipient of the Albert J. Kingston Award from the National Reading Conference, for distinguished service to the organization, and the John Chorlton Manning Public School Service Award from the International Reading Association. She works daily in public schools to enhance student learning in literacy and has mentored teachers seeking National Board Certification. Dr. Barone has served as Editor of Reading Research Quarterly and as a board member of the International Reading Association and the National Reading Conference.
- Author(s)Diane M. Barone
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication30/10/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight598 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.