All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntended chiefly for teachers and trainee teachers, this series places strong emphasis on practice, but at the same time incorporates the latest research in the field. The book demonstrates a strong belief in the ability of children to learn, and in the ability of teachers to increase children's learning potential. With the increasingly popular constructivist framework for learning, teachers are coming to recognize the limitations of taught procedures and to find ways to encourage children to generate their own kwledge and understanding in mathematics. The challenge for teachers is to promote an environment that encourages mathematical thinking in which pupils of all abilities are able to achieve their full potential. This text brings together experiences of teachers and researchers to examine the ways children work mathematically, in order to provide an enhanced learning environment within the classroom. It also addresses key issues in current maths teaching.
- Author BiographyJulia Anghileri is Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education at the University of Cambridge, UK. She is a consultant to the both the National Numeracy Strategy and the QCA.
- Author(s)Julia Anghileri
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleContinuum Collection Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.