All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on ethgraphic research inside and outside the classroom, this book investigates how 10-12 year-old children use talk and literacy to construct kwledge about their social worlds and about themselves, as they negotiate the transition from childhood into adolescence. It shows how children use collaborative verbal strategies.
- Author BiographyJANET MAYBIN is a Senior Lecturer in Language and Communication at the Open University, UK. She has written extensively for Open University courses on language, literacy and learning, and also researches and writes on children's and adults' informal language and literacy practices. She originally trained as a social anthropologist.
- Author(s)Janet Maybin
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.