All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThe interest in teaching children meditation is growing rapidly, as a number of recent stories in the mainstream media have documented, including NPR, The New York Times, and London Telegraph. Child's Mind aims to teach parents and child professionals how to integrate mindfulness into their work with children, and teach children and adolescents basics of mindfulness and meditation.Willard s intention is to help parents pass on to their children the practices of mindfulness that they have found valuable for themselves. The book can also be a resource for those who work with children, whether it is family and children coordinators at retreat centers, religious instructors from a range of traditions, or teachers, therapists, and even medical professionals. Child's Mind aims to teach children the power that comes with the comfort of just being, and the capacity to be, be aware, and be comfortable with yourself.
- Author BiographyDr. Christopher Willard received his Bachelor's degree in English from Wesleyan University, where he first became interested in meditation. After graduating, he spent time traveling and working a variety of jobs including a teacher in a psychiatric hospital and an artist's assistant. In graduate school he did his doctoral work on the psychological applications of meditation and mindfulness practice. Over the past ten years, he has attended retreats with Thich Nhat Hanh, Jack Kornfield, Pema Chodron, Noah Levine, and other Buddhist teachers in both the U.S. and in Asia. Although he considers the Engaged Buddhism of Thich Nhat Hanh his spiritual home, he has studied and practiced extensively in the Theravada tradition, with some dabbling in Tibetan Buddhism.In the past few years, he has taught meditation to a wide range of people, from young children to recently paroled murderers to psychotherapists and schoolteachers. Dr. Willard has taught with the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy and volunteered at the Insight Meditation Society's Teen Retreat. He currently works as a psychotherapist at Tufts University, and consults and does private work in the Boston area. When not working or practicing he enjoys cooking, hiking, reading, writing, international travel, and any combination of these he can manage.
- Author(s)Christopher Willard
- PublisherParallax Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2010
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParallax Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.