All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany nations define themselves in terms of territory or people; China defines itself in terms of history. Taking into account the country's unrivaled, volumius tradition of history writing, John Keay has composed a vital and illuminating overview of the nation's complex and vivid past. Keay's authoritative history examines 5,000 years in China, from the time of the Three Dynasties through Chairman Mao and the current ecomic transformation of the country. Crisp, judicious, and engaging, China is the classic single-volume history for anyone seeking to understand the present and future of this immensely powerful nation.
- Author BiographyJohn Keay is a former special correspondent for the Economist and contributes regularly to the Sunday Telegraph, Times Higher Educational Supplement, and the Literary Review. His past books include the best-selling India: A History. He lives in Argyll, Scotland.
- Author(s)John Keay
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication06/12/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, black & white plates
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.