All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCHINA CEO: A Case Guide for Business Leaders in China Some Western business leaders are moving into China without any clear kwledge of the many pitfalls they will encounter: the weak rule of law, forceful governmental intervention, a scarcity of managerial talent, the likelihood of counterfeiting, the fast paced business environment and surprisingly aggressive local competitors. This book uses case studies to both illuminate and examine these key managerial challenges. Each case focuses on a specific topic and is complemented with commentaries from professors and executives who have extensive front-line experience in China. The cases are the product of three-year research and are well-tested in MBA and executive courses. The authors' philosophy is that readers can learn most effectively through the experience of others captured in real cases! The book includes a broad range of companies, such as Emerson, Eli Lily, General Motors, Peugeot, Carrefour, Daimler-Chrysler, Pical. It also includes more personal experiences concerning the many challenges of expatriate-living in China , some of whom have started their own businesses. The book provides concise but insightful analysis to help readers to get the most from the case studies. As a result, this book will help you get better prepared to face the varied challenges you will find in China. These cases complement the material presented in a previous work, China CEO: Voices of Experience from 20 International Business Leaders, also published by John Wiley & Sons.
- Author BiographyDr. Juan A. Fernandez is Professor of Management at CEIBS, Shanghai, China. He earned his PhD from IESE (Spain) in 1997. He is frequently invited to give presentations on how to manage business enterprises in China by leading multinationals and has recently given presentations in China, South Korea, Japan, India, Europe and the United States. His work has been published in Harvard Business Review (Spain), Business Week-China, Organizational Dynamics, Business Strategy Review, and the Asian Case Research Journal. He was the co-author of China CEO: Voices of Experience published by John Wiley & Sons in 2006. His third book, China's State Owned Enterprise Reforms: An Industrial and CEO Approach, was published by Routledge in 2006. Dr. Shengjun Liu is the Assistant Director of Case Development Center of CEIBS. His research interest includes corporate governance, human resource management, and emerging Chinese multinationals. He first worked at Shenzhen Stock Exchange before joining CEIBS (China Europe International Business School). His publications have appeared in Asia Case Research Journal and leading Chinese journals such as Harvard Business Review (China), as well as in some widely read Chinese newspapers. He is also the co-author of Selected Cases of CEIBS by China CITIC Press.
- Author(s)Juan Antonio Fernandez,Liu Shengjun
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight618 g
- Width176 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.