Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionChina is entering a new era at the beginning of the twenty-first century. Ecomically, she has been able to come out of the Asian financial crisis of 1997-1998 seemingly unscathed. Internationally, she was finally paying more attention to her relations with the outside world. For instance, she has succeeded in mending fences with the United States after the Yugoslavia embassy bombing crisis by signing a bilateral trade agreement as a first step towards entering the World Trade Organization. Domestically, China is still trying to restructure its ecomic and social institutions, particularly w that more opening seems imminent. How to operate a modern society where trade, investment and techlogical kw-how flourish while keeping a tight lid on the free flow of ideas remains a formidable task to the Communist Party leadership. Also, there is a new president to deal with in Taiwan although developments in the two newly added Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau are on the right track. China Review 2000 analyses critical political, ecomic, social and urban, as well as business issues related to changes during the past year, and tries to articulate the trends of development opportunities in the new century.
- Author BiographyLau Chung-ming is chair and associate professor in the department of management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.Jianfa Shen is assistant professor in the department of geography, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Chung-Ming Lau
- PublisherThe Chinese University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2000
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintThe Chinese University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1075 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.