All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains a number of articles on modern Chinese history and historiography written by one of the leading academic experts on the subject. The author provides a critique of older approaches to nineteenth-century history and offers powerful reinterpretations of such key events in the recent history of China as the boxer rebellion, Mao's ascension to power in 1949, and the process of political and ecomic reform in the post-Mao era. This is a strong collection which will be of ermous interest to scholars of East Asian history.
- Author BiographyPaul A Cohen is Edith Stix Wasserman Professor of Asian Studies and History, Emeritus, Wellesley College and an Associate at the Fairbank Centre for East Asian Research at Harvard University. He has published widely on Chinese History, including the award-winning History in Three Keys: The Boxers as Event, Experience and Myth (1997) and Discovering History in China: American Historical Writing on the Recent Chinese Past (1984).
- Author(s)Paul A. Cohen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/05/2003
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleAsia's Transformations/Critical Asian Scholarship
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32ill.
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.