All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionCovering a range of African countries from Equatorial Guinea to Tanzania, this volume adds to a growing literature on the emerging relationship between China and Africa, presenting work that is based on primary research. It includes articles on a wide range of subjects, including China's energy policy, labour relations, trade networks and cultural perceptions. The various essays chart the rise of a multiplicity of different actors in the relationship, emerging patterns of globalization and development, and rhetoric and representation.
- Author BiographyDr Julia Strauss is a senior lecturer in Political and International Studies at SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London) and is also the Editor of The China Quarterly. Dr Strauss received her PhD in Political Science from the University of California, Berkeley in 1991 and has since taught in both the US and the UK. Dr Strauss is also a member of both the Association for Asian Studies and the American Political Science Association. Dr Martha Saavedra received her PhD in Political Science from the University of California, Berkeley, where today she serves as Associate Director of the Center of African Studies. During her academic career Dr Saavedra has worked in Sudan, Senegal and Kenya. She has also made numerous appearances on SF/Bay area radio and TV, speaking mainly on the Darfur conflict in Sudan. Dr Saavedra wrote and produced Sudan: Confluence of Arab and African Worlds in 1995.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleThe China Quarterly Special Issues
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight370 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJulia C. Strauss,Martha Saavedra
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.