All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the policy dynamics, ecomic commitments and social impacts of the fast evolving Si-LAC relations. China's engagement with Latin America and the Caribbean has entered into an era of strategic transition. While China is committed to strengthening its ecomic and political ties with Latin America and the Caribbean, Latin America as a bloc is enthusiastically echoing China's endeavor by diverting their focus toward the other side of the ocean. The transitional aspect of China-LAC ties is phemenal, and is manifested t only in the accelerating momentum of trade, investment, and loan but also in the China-CELAC Forum mechanism that maps out an institutional framework for decades beyond. While Latin America is redefined as an emerging priority to the leadership in Beijing, what are the responses from Latin America and the United States? In this sense, experts from four continents provide local answers to this global question.
- Author BiographyCui Shoujun is Associate Professor and Assistant Dean at the School of International Studies at Renmin University of China (RUC). He is founder and director of the Centre for Latin America Studies at RUC. He also acts as the executive director of the Contemporary China Studies Program (CCSP) at RUC. Manuel Perez Garcia is Associate Professor at the School of International Studies, Renmin University of China. He is founder and director of the Global History Network (GHN) in China (www.globalhistorynetwork.com). He has published and edited several books and articles in journals listed in SSCI. He is editor and reviewer of Latin American, European, and Asian academic journals.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/08/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 21 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight503 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byManuel Perez-Garcia,Shoujun Cui
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.