Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $293.11+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
About this product
- DescriptionThe 238 breathtaking color photographs in this oversized volume take us on a visual journey through the greatest splendors of China's varied geography and the chief monuments of its 5,000-year-old civilization. These remarkable images show us the country's most famous landmarks--like the Forbidden City, the Great Wall, and the terra-cotta army of the First Qin Emperor--as we have never seen them before, and provide us with a spectacular introduction to less familiar but just as fascinating attractions, like the great tulous, or earthen houses, of Fujian Province; the terraced fields of Yuanyang County; and the multicolored travertine lakes of Huanglong Valley. Extended captions at the back of the book provide a concise introduction to the history and significance of each of the forty-four locales depicted, twenty-eight of which have been designated as World Heritage sites. This beautiful volume is t only a celebration of the natural and cultural wonders that have made China the most popular tourist destination in Asia and one of the four most popular in the world overall; it is also a collector's item in its own right. With its oversize paramic format, twelve gatefolds, and handsome slipcase, China is a testament to the bookbinder's craft.
- Author BiographyGuang Guo is general manager of CYPI Press, a leading Chinese publisher. Ming Tan is a photographer based in China.
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note238 full-color illustrations including 12 gatefolds
- Weight5542 g
- Width451 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byGuang Guo
- Photographs byMing Tan
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.