Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe problems of corruption, social injustice, public unrest, disparity in income and regional development, shortage of energy and resources, unemployment, aging population, inadequate social and ecomic safety network, pollution, etc., are poised to jeopardize political stability and cast a shadow on the moral foundation of ecomic reform. How to cope with these new problems is a daunting task facing the Chinese leadership and people in the twenty-first century. The new generation of leadership under Hu Jintao has begun to search for solutions and directions. Building a harmonious society based on a scientific view of development has become a new catch phrase in political and academic discourse in China and a newly adopted program by the Chinese government. It is in this context that this edited volume brings together a group of China scholars to discuss the concept and goal of building a harmonious society. This book will be of interest to professors and students of China studies, as well as policy makers and researchers.
- Author BiographySujian Guo is professor in the Department of Political Studies and director of the Center for U.S.-China Policy Studies at San Francisco State University. Baogang Guo is associate professor of political science at Dalton State College and president of the Association of Chinese Political Studies.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleChallenges Facing Chinese Political Development
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight540 g
- Width154 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBaogang Guo,Sujian Guo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.