All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe twenty-first century will doubtless be that of Asia, which by 2030 will be home to three of the four world's mightiest ecomies, including India. This stimulating book opens a debate on the question of leadership in Asia for which China and Japan are competing. It assesses the two rivals' strengths and weaknesses as well as the major challenges which they will face in that battle for supremacy. On this basis, it proposes the most probable scenario for the next two decades in the light of the dialectical relationship between ecomics and strategic power. Without neglecting the strategic aspects which give advantage to China, priority is given to an ecomic approach, because that is the primary arena in which Asian integration is taking place and the one in which a resilient Japan still maintains firmly its leadership, based on productivity, competitiveness and techlogical edge.
- Author BiographyDr Claude Meyer, Senior Fellow at GEM-Sciences Po, teaches international economics at Sciences Po (Paris) and abroad. He has pursued a dual career as an academic and as an executive in a Japanese bank. He holds a PhD in Economics and degrees in Philosophy, Sociology and Japanese Studies. His research and publications deal mainly with Asian economies with an emphasis on the interaction between economic power and strategic issues.
- Author(s)Claude Meyer
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Width214 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.