All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book assesses new developments in and reform of China's banking law system following its accession of the WTO. It focuses on the relationship between GATS/WTO national treatment obligations and China's banking law. Tracing the history of national treatment in China, the book compares the treatment of foreign-funded banks with the treatment of Chinese-funded banks and examines the structure and shortcomings of the existing banking law framework in China. Offering suggestions as to how the framework could be restructured and analysing the ecomic and political bases of an integrated banking law framework, the book argues that reorganization would bring about greater consistency with GATS/WTO national treatment requirements. The book also explores the ambiguous definition of prudential carve-out, the subtle relationship between GATS national treatment and market access based on WTO cases, national treatment clauses in China's bilateral investment treaties, and special treatment on banking in China's free trade agreements. This volume is a valuable resource for academics and students as well as professionals and policy-makers working in the field of banking, WTO, Chinese law and foreign trade.
- Author BiographyWei Wang, LL.B. (ECUPL), LL.M. (SMU), LL.M. (Fudan), Ph.D. (Lond.), is Associate Professor, School of Law, Fudan University, China. His books include Law and Practice for the Delivery of Goods without Presentation of Original Bills of Lading (Law Press China 2010, Overseas-Educated Doctors of Law of Modern China (Shanghai People's Publishing House 2011). He teaches International Financial Law, International Economic Law and Chinese Banking Law. His research projects cover Chinese banking law and legal education history sponsored by the Asian Development Bank, China Ministry of Education, Shanghai Social Science Fund, and National Social Science Fund.
- Author(s)Professor Wei Wang
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight728 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.