All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe cotton processing industry is a distinct sector of China's rural ecomy which recently underwent a momentous transition from plan to market. China is the world's largest producer as well as consumer of cotton, and cotton processing links the agricultural production of this important commodity to China's booming textile industry. Alpermann examines the political ecomy of the cotton processing industry, analyzes the process of cotton policy making and discusses reform outcomes on a national scale and the central state's response. He then goes on to examine the implementation of ecomic transformation and institutional change in two traditional cotton-growing regions, looking at how local governments and the former mopolist cope with the changes brought about by marketization. Studying the cotton industry provides a lens through which to observe the changes in the way the state governs the ecomy during China's transition and helps to assess the diverging claims about the nature of the political ecomy in China. As such China's Cotton Industry is an essential read for anyone studying Chinese business, econmics or politics.
- Author BiographyBjorn Alpermann is Assistant Professor for Contemporary Chinese Studies at Wurzburg University, Germany.
- Author(s)Bjorn Alpermann
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies on China in Transition
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.