All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile China is kwn for its huge manufacturing base, in recent years the government has given high priority to science and techlogy services. This book provides an in-depth, contemporary view on where China is heading, how it is going to get there, and how companies and countries can engage with China's emerging outsourcing capabilities.
- Author BiographyMARY C. LACITY is a Professor of Information Systems and an International Business Fellow at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, USA. Her current research focuses on global outsourcing of business and IT services. She has published 11 books, most recently Information Systems Outsourcing: Theory and Practice (Palgrave, 2009; coauthor: Leslie P. Willcocks) and Offshore Outsourcing of IT Work, (Palgrave, 2008; coauthor Joe Rottman). More than 50 of her publications have appeared in the Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, MIS Quarterly, IEEE Computer, Communications of the ACM, and many other academic and practitioner outlets. She is Senior Editor of the Journal of Information Technology, Co-editor of the Palgrave Series: Work, Technology, and Globalization and on the Editorial Boards for MIS Quarterly Executive, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Strategic Outsourcing: An International Journal, and Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS). LESLIE P. WILLCOCKS is Professor of Technology Work and Globalization at the London School of Economics, UK and Political Science, head of the Information Systems and Innovation Group and director of The Outsourcing Unit there. He is known for his work on global sourcing, information management, IT evaluation, e-business, organizational transformation as well as for his practitioner contributions to many corporations and government agencies. He holds visiting chairs at Erasmus, Melbourne and Sydney universities and is an Associate Fellow at Templeton, University of Oxford. He has been Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Information Technology for the last 20 years, and is joint series editor, with Mary C. Lacity, of the Palgrave book series Technology Work and Globalization. He has co-authored 31 books, including most recently Major Currents in Information Systems (Sage, London 2008, with Allen Lee), and Global Sourcing of Business and IT Services (Palgrave, London, 2006, with Mary C. Lacity) He has published over 180 refereed papers in journals such as Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, MIS Quarterly, MISQ Executive, Journal of Management Studies, Communications of The ACM, and Journal of Strategic Information Systems. YINGQIN ZHENG is a research associate at the London School of Economics, UK. She obtained her MPhil and PhD from Cambridge University. She was a Gates Cambridge scholar. Her research interests include the implications of information and communication technology in social development, information society and information culture, and distributed innovation. She has conducted research in various countries including South Africa, China, Switzerland and the UK. Yingqin has published a number of academic papers in international journals, and conferences. Her work was awarded Best Paper Finalist at the International Conference of Information Systems 2007, and Highly Commended Award at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2009.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/02/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleTechnology, Work and Globalization
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight607 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byLeslie P. Willcocks,Mary C. Lacity,Yingqin Zheng
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.