All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn less than thirty years, China has become a major force in the global ecomy. One feature of its rapid ascent has been an ermous expansion of the country's science and techlogy capabilities, leading to the emergence of a large and increasingly well-educated talent pool. Yet China finds itself engaged in an internal debate as to whether its full potential can be realised. At the heart of this debate lie a number of uncertainties surrounding the quality, quantity and effective utilisation of China's S&T workforce. Written by two leading experts in the field, this book is the first in forty years to address these critical issues. Building on exciting new research and a plethora of comprehensive statistical materials, its findings will have significant policy implications both for China and the international community, especially in terms of issues relating to national competitiveness and invation potential.
- Author BiographyDenis Fred Simon is Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs at the Neil D. Levin Graduate Institute of International Relations and Commerce, State University of New York. Cong Cao is Senior Research Associate at the Neil D. Levin Graduate Institute of International Relations and Commerce, State University of New York.
- Author(s)Cong Cao,Denis Fred Simon
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note79 tables
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.