All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionDespite radical and fundamental reform of the Chinese higher education system, very little is kwn about this outside China. The past decade has seen radical reform of all levels of China's education system as it attempts to meet changing ecomic and social needs and aspirations: this has included transformation of university curricula, pedagogy and evaluation measures, rapidly increasing joint research and degree programmes between Chinese universities and universities abroad, and very large numbers of Chinese students studying at universities outside China. This book describes the historical, cultural, intellectual and contemporary background and contexts of the reform and internationalisation of higher education in China. It discusses these changes, outlines the challenges posed by the changes for university administrators, faculty, researchers, students and those working with Chinese academics and students in China and abroad, and assesses the impact, and evaluates the success, of the changes. Most importantly, it considers how this mobility of people and ideas across educational systems and cultures can contribute to new ways of working and understanding between Western and Chinese academic cultures. The book is a companion to Education Reform in China, which focuses on reform at the early childhood, primary and secondary levels.
- Author BiographyJanette Ryan is Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education at Monash University, Australia. Her publications include International Education and the Chinese Learner.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2010
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary China Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 57
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJanette Ryan
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.