Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionIn China's Millions veteran historian Alvyn Austin presents a compelling historical narrative of the China Inland Mission (w the Overseas Missionary Fellowship) - the first history of the CIM by an outsider - including 36 nver-before-published illustrations and maps from the CIM/OMF archives. In the course of his sweeping survey, Austin examines a remarkable array of subjects, from the visionary, charismatic sect-leader Pastor Hsi, to the worldless book, a missionary teaching device that fit perfectly with Chinese color cosmology, to the opium-soaked aftermath of the North China Famine of 1877-79.
- Author BiographyAlvyn Austin born in Calcutta to CIM missionaries teaches at Brock University, Ontario. He is a trained museum curator as well as a scholar and his diverse work includes historical sites, radio documentaries and the book Saving China.
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in the History of Christian Missions
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight785 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlwyn Austin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.