All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs China moved from a planned to a market ecomy many people expected that China's political system would similarly move from authoritarianism to democracy. It is w clear, however, that political liberalisation does t necessarily follow ecomic liberalisation. This book explores this apparent contradiction, presenting many new perspectives and new thinking on the subject. It considers the path of transition in China historically, makes comparisons with other countries and examines how political culture and the political outlook in China are developing at present. A key feature of the book is the fact that most of the contributors are China-born, Western-trained scholars, who bring deep kwledge and well informed views to the study.
- Author BiographyGuoguang Wu is a Professor of Political Science at University of Victoria, Canada Helen Lansdowne is Associate Director of the Centre for Asia-Pacific Initiatives (CAPI), University of Victoria, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleChina Policy Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byGuoguang Wu,Helen Lansdowne
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.