All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChinese arts and crafts enjoy a unique reputation in the history of material culture and civilisation. For several thousand years, crafts have echoed the rhythm of daily life in China. From rural society to the imperial court, these crafts have served a practical purpose, constantly evolving with changes in lifestyle. In this illustrated introduction Hang Jian and Guo Qiuhui discuss the colorful history and development of distinctive Chinese crafts, including ceramics, furniture, clothing and decorative arts.
- Author BiographyHang Jian is Professor and Deputy Dean of the Academy of Arts and Design, Tsinghua University. A graduate of the Central Academy of Arts, Beijing and previously a senior visiting scholar at Cornell University, Hang Jian has published widely on Chinese art, design and aesthetics. Guo Qiuhui completed his doctoral studies at the Department of Art History, Tsinghua University. Currently a postdoctoral researcher in the Academy of Arts and Design, Tsinghua University, he has co-authored various books on Chinese art.
- Author(s)Jian Hang,Qiuhui Guo
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleIntroductions to Chinese Culture
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note170 colour illus.
- Weight370 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.