About this product
- DescriptionDuring her lonely childhood in Shanghai, Adeline Yen Mah wrote adventure stories to escape from her terrible step-mother and cruel siblings. The characters she created often became more real to her than her own family. In Chinese Cinderella and the Secret Dragon Society, Adeline tells the story of Chinese Cinderella, a young girl who, after being thrown out of her home, has choice but to go out and seek her own destiny. Soon she meets up with a group of children, all orphaned but each from a different background, who live with an old lady called Grandma Wu. Chinese Cinderella, or CC for short, decides her future after consulting an ancient book which helps to show her the way forward. And her choice takes her on a mission to save the lives of others. Based on a true-life incident during World War II. CC and the others bravely rescue a group of American pilots whose plane crashed after a bombing raid on Japan. Although her father is looking for her, CC kws that she can never go back to live with her cruel stepmother, and w there is turning back.
- Author BiographyAdeline Yen Mah was born in Tianjin, but grew up in Shanghai, Hong Kong and London. She attended medical school in London and Edinburgh and emigrated to California where she became chief of anaethesia at the hospital where she worked, as well as medical director a surgical clinic. After the publication of FALLING LEAVES which has sold over 1,000,000 copies worldwide, Adeline gave up medicine to write full time. She is happily married with two children and lives in California and London.
- Author(s)Adeline Yen Mah
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/08/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleChinese Cinderella
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight216 g
- Width140 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.