All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Publishers Weekly: Written by a Defense Intelligence Agency analyst, this is a straightforward examination of the structure, operations and methodology of the intelligence services of the People's Republic of China. Eftimiades describes how the Ministry of State Security--China's preeminent civilian intelligence-gathering entity--draws on the services of diplomats, commercial representatives, Chinese communities in overseas cities and students. (The People's Republic sends approximately 40,000 students abroad annually.) His analysis of the case of Larry Wu-Tai Chin, a longtime CIA employee who was convicted of espionage in 1986, reveals much about Chinese operations in the United States. Although Eftimiades cautions that the Ministry of State Security will continue to penetrate and exploit the political, academic, industrial and techlogical institutions of Western nations, he adds reassuringly that China's intelligence apparatus is hobbled by its own red tape and hindered by the stultifying bureaucracy of the Chinese Communist Party. Of interest mainly to specialists.
- Author BiographyNicholas Eftimiades in an author and lecturer. His 33 year intelligence career spans several US government agencies and hundreds of thousands of miles in Africa, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Nick's book Chinese Intelligence Operations, is an examination of the structure, operations, and methodology of the intelligence services of the People's Republic of China. The book received worldwide recognition with the Chinese government declaring Eftimiades an enemy of the people. To date, it remains the only scholarly analysis of China's intelligence services and operational methodology. Nick is a frequent lecturer and public speaker on future technology and societal changes, and national security issues. He has appeared on CBS Evening News with Connie Chung, Dateline NBC, ABC's Day One, BBC America, National Public Radio, dozens of other television and radio broadcasts, and podcasts. Eftimiades testified before several US Congressional and Presidential Commissions concerning National Security issues, future technology development, and the future of the US space program. His appearance on Reddit (AMA) was one of the most popular 100 of all time. He has been a consultant for several Hollywood movies.
- Author(s)MR Nicholas Eftimiades
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/03/1994
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.