All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition is a comprehensive, fully-researched account of the historical and contemporary development of the traditional martial arts genre in the Chinese cinema kwn as wuxia (literal translation: martial chivalry) - a genre which audiences around the world became familiar with through the phemenal 'crossover' hit Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000). The book unveils rich layers of the wuxia tradition as it developed in the early Shanghai cinema in the late 1920s, and from the 1950s onwards, in the Hong Kong and Taiwan film industries.
- Author BiographyStephen Teo is currently associate professor at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, and a senior research associate of the RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia. He is the author of Hong Kong Cinema: The Extra Dimensions (British Film Institute, 1997), Wong Kar-wai (BFI, 2005), King Hu's A Touch of Zen (Hong Kong University Press, 2006), and Director in Action: Johnnie To and the Hong Kong Action Film (Hong Kong University Press, 2007).
- Author(s)Professor Stephen Teo
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.