All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnique and complex in style, traditional Chinese music forms a fascinating part of China's cultural heritage. This accessible, illustrated introduction to Chinese music takes the reader through the 8000-year history of China's musical instruments, the diversity of Chinese folk music, the development of China's famous operas and the modern Chinese music industry. From classical to contemporary styles, Jin Jie explores the influence that Chinese music has had around the world.
- Author BiographyJie Jin teaches in the Musicology Department of the Chinese Conservatory of Music. She is a member of the World Ethnic Music Society and is part of the Chinese Musicians' Association. She has published a number of works on Chinese music.
- Author(s)Jie Jin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/03/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleIntroductions to Chinese Culture
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note92 colour illus. 1 map
- Weight290 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.