All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionThe world faces a new enemy, one that has already scourged Africa and the tropics and is poised to strike at the heart of developed countries. A drug resistant strain of malaria that is respecter of political or geographical boundaries establishes itself in Europe's flooded lowlands, resulting from rising water levels attributed to global warming. In Somalia and greater Africa unbridled civil war threatens, demanding intervention by the military might of the western world, but allied political leaders will t risk troops where, in the past, malaria has killed more humans than any armed conflict. Frantic attempts ensue to develop a revolutionary vaccine and secure access to an ancient therapy dubbed the 'Chinese Puzzle'. Vast profits are to be made by unscrupulous companies prepared to use their own mercenary forces to gain control. Kate Mackenzie and her fellow researcher and one time lover Rashta Green, each battling personal conflicts, try to ensure the vaccine is developed and used primarily for the vulnerable. They have little kwledge of the evil forces arrayed against them.
- Author BiographyThree times winner of Hughie Green's 'Opportunity Knocks', the author has variously been singer songwriter, film extra, factual TV format devisor, script devisor and a Gold and Silver Gilt medal winner as client designer at the Chelsea Flower Show. Married with a daughter - head of International Marketing for the Pinewood Studios Group; and an actor/writer/producer son. Kingston lives with his portrait painter/author wife in Brittany.
- Author(s)James Kingston
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Out-of-print date30/11/2016
- Weight413 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.