All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe long twentieth century in China and Taiwan has seen both a dramatic process of state-driven secularization and modernization and a vigorous revival of contemporary religious life. Chinese Religiosities explores the often vexed relationship between the modern Chinese state and religious practice. The essays in this comprehensive, multidisciplinary collection cover a wide range of traditions, including Buddhism, Daoism, Islam, Confucianism, Protestantism, Falungong, popular religion, and redemptive societies. Contributors include: Jose Cabezon, Prasenjit Duara, Ryan Dunch, Dru C. Gladney, Vincent Goossaert, Ji Zhe, Ya-pei Kuo, Richard Madsen, Rebecca Nedostup, David Palmer, Benjamin Penny, and Mayfair Mei-hui Yang.
- Author BiographyMayfair Mei-hui Yang is Professor of Religious Studies and East Asian Languages and Cultures at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and Professor and Director of Asian Studies at the University of Sydney, Australia.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleGlobal, Area, and International Archive
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note2 halftones, 6 line illustrations, 8 tables, 1 map
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMayfair Mei-hui Yang
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.