All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpirit mediumship is the most typical aspect of the major religious orientation of the Chinese in Singapore, with their immense range of religious beliefs and practices. Although the focus of this study is on the spirit-medium cults, the author also provides a valuable account of Chinese religious life in Singapore and its social and cultural setting.
- Author BiographyFollowing a number of years of study in Singapore, Alan Elliott was a lecturer at the London School of Economics.
- Author(s)Alan J.A. Elliott
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/01/1990
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleLSE Monographs on Social Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 14
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight401 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.92Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.