All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Royal Collection includes some of the most historic examples of eastern arts w in the western world. With more than 2,000 items distributed among the royal residences in England and Scotland, this collection presents a rich cross-section of the porcelains, jades, lacquer and other works of art produced in China and Japan and brought here over a period of several centuries, reflecting the West's long-standing appetite for rarities from distant lands. With a striking feature of the collection is the mounting in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries of many objects in gilt bronze: the mounts themselves, made in French and British workshops, are often of superb quality and of great historical importance and will be published here for the first time.
- Author BiographyJohn Ayers is a specialist in Asian ceramics who has written more than twenty books on the subject.
- Author(s)John Ayers
- PublisherRoyal Collection Trust
- Date of Publication10/11/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Collection Trust
- Weight10 g
- Width245 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine107 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.