All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe series seeks to illuminate, highlight, and spotlight (intercultural) communication in the world of business. This second volume focuses on China in an intercultural business context. Due to China s growing importance in today s world, it is imperative to obtain some insights into Chinese culture in order to begin to understand Chinese business practices. By examining the issue from a Western and a Chinese perspective, a more comprehensive view becomes possible. What appears baffling to Western managers may become understandable after a comparison with and contrast to the Chinese perspective. This is what this volume accomplishes: Shed light on misperceived aspects of intercultural business encounters.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Michael B. Hinner was born in Germany and grew up in the USA where he studied Anthropology, Comparative Studies, English, German, History, and Linguistics at the State University of New York at Stony Brook and Law at St. John s University, School of Law. He teaches Business English, Business Communication, and Intercultural Communication at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg and Dresden International University.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleFreiberger Beitrage zur Interkulturellen und Wirtschaftskommunikation: A Forum for General and Intercultural Business Communication
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight240 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byMichael B. Hinner
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.89Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.