All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith her trademark passion, TV star chef Ching-He Huang brings a new and exciting dimension to Chinese cooking. Confidently fusing Chinese and Western cultures in over 100 quick and easy dishes bursting with flavour, Ching's fresh and healthy take on the Chinese takeaway, without compromising on taste, has revolutionised Chinese cuisine. Ching's love and appreciation of Chinese cooking has already seen her previous cookbooks, Chinese Food Made Easy and Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes, reach bestseller status and her BBC TV series receive rave reviews. Now paying homage to the authentic Chinese takeout with her third cookbook, Ching's Chinese Takeaway, Ching makes Chinese food refreshingly accessible and deftly removes the stigma attached to the humble takeaway. From the traditional Chicken Chow Mein to adventurous Cantonese style steamed Lobster with Ginger Soy Sauce; and with lighter dishes such as Yellow Bean Sesame Spinach to Chilli Bean Braised Beef with Coriander and steamed Mantou Buns designed to fill empty stomachs, Ching offers a diverse selection of new and delicious recipes for every occasion and taste. Interspersed with childhood anecdotes, Chinese superstition and etiquette and original suggestions for exciting variations on classic recipes, Ching takes us on a culinary journey that delightfully blends ancient and modern, yin and yang, experimentation and intuition, and ends with perfectly balanced and tantalizing dishes that will inspire even the most stalwart takeaway devotees to get cooking.
- Author BiographyChing-He Huang is the new face of Chinese cooking on British TV and the star of BBC2's popular series 'Chinese Food Made Easy'. Born in Taiwan and brought up in South Africa, she moved to Britain when she was 11. Ching has always been passionate about food, so after graduating with a first class degree in economics, she set up Fuge, a fresh salad company and her healthy drinks company, Tzu. Ching is the author of two cookbooks, Chinese Food Made Easy and China Modern. Chinese Food Made Easy was the fifth bestselling cookbook of 2008. Ching also appears regularly on Saturday Kitchen and Daily Cooks.
- Author(s)Ching-He Huang
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Note60 col illus
- Weight950 g
- Width195 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsPlastic
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.