All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 23 years ago the first publication of Chiparus: Master of Art Deco brought this artist into the public eye. His name, lost in records and catalogues, was rejuvenated by Alberto Shayo's rediscovery of his works, effectively bringing artist and oeuvre back to life. This book dwells on the sources and inspiration of the Art Deco movement, with particular emphasis on sculptures created by Demetre Chiparus. However, Chiparus considered himself a painter above a sculptor. In this latest version of the book, many unpublished pictures come to light as well as newly discovered oils and 'sanguines', confirming his aptitude in both fields.
- Author BiographyAs one of the top consultants in the Art Deco field, Alberto Shayo has dedicated his life to travel, discovering new figures and determining the worthiness of private and public collections. Mr Shayo is the author of Camille Faure: Limoges Art Deco Enamels - The Geometry of Joy, published by Antique Collectors' Club.
- Author(s)Alberto Shayo
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note342 colour
- Weight2812 g
- Width275 mm
- Height325 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.