Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionPath-breaking research on one of the most important macroecomic policy challenges in the post-crisis world, presented in accessible language Written and researched by a team of experts from the International Monetary Fund, other policy-making institutions, and academia, this timely book looks at fiscal adjustment plans in advanced ecomies, comparing the planned or projected reductions in debts and deficits to the actual outcomes, and explaining why objectives were met in some cases but missed in others. An overview reveals pitfalls to avoid and lessons learned for securing successful fiscal adjustment. * Written by experts in the field * Addresses public concern about skyrocketing government debts * Contains cutting edge research that changes the way we look at fiscal adjustment * Presents meticulous archival research in compelling and engaging case studies * Explores lessons learned and policy implications going forward * Includes country coverage of all G7 and European Union ecomies Educating and informing investors, ecomists, and the general public, this important book looks at why some attempts to curb debts and deficits succeed whereas others fail, as well as how to ensure successful fiscal adjustment in the period ahead.
- Author BiographyPAOLO MAURO is a Division Chief in the IMF's Fiscal Affairs Department. He has published several articles in top economics journals and is coauthor of Emerging Markets and Financial Globalization: Sovereign Bond Spreads in 1870 1913 and Today. The IMF is an organization of 187 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world. Its Fiscal Affairs Department provides policy and technical advice on public finance issues to member countries.
- Author(s)Paulo Mauro
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/08/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width154 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.