All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe production of optically active intermediates and products as pure enantiomers is a topic of ever-increasing importance to the chemical industry. The ecomic incentives of improved cost efficiency and enhanced biological activity, together with new regulatory pressures have, in the last decade, brought about a dramatic increase in the number and scope of industrial processes. Chirality in Industry provides an overview of the production of optically active compounds on a large scale wholly from an industrial perspective. The volume includes example of each of the available process options, from classical resolution procedures to asymmetric syntheses with traditional chemical catalysts and enzyme-based techlogies. An extended opening chapter, which systematically considers these options and relates them to a series of important targets, is followed by a series of more detailed case histories by industrial authors summarizing the processes which underpin the large-scale production of several important optically pure intermediates. While Chirality in Industry should prove of particular interest to chemists who are professionally involved in the production of pure enantiomers on a practical scale, it is hoped that students and researchers involved in a more academic pursuit of optical activity will also benefit from some of the facets of large scale thinking. An ecomic solution is more likely to be a simple, elegant solution.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/1995
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight678 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byA. N. Collins,Gary Sheldrake,J.H. Crosby
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.